Did you know that when your lease nears the end of it’s term, you have multiple options for what is next. Dick Hannah Nissan is here to help making the next steps a lot easier.
We are often asked questions about how to return a car at the end of a lease or how to keep a car at the end of the lease. The following FAQ’s are designed to help these common questions and make the lease return process faster and easier.
Where Can I Return my Leased Nissan Car or Truck?
Customers often ask if they have to return their leased car or truck to the Nissan dealership they purchased from. You can return your lease to any Nissan dealership, including Dick Hannah Nissan.
How Do I Return my Leased Nissan Car or Truck?
If you decide that you would like to return your leased Nissan, there are a few steps that need to be completed. Dick Hannah Nissan can assist as much as you would like during this process – Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation (NMAC) provides different options to make the process as simple as possible.
Let Dick Hannah Nissan Help:
- Before your vehicle’s return date, call the Dick Hannah Sales Department and schedule an appointment to return your Nissan car or truck.
- We will schedule the vehicle inspection required by NMAC.
Once the inspection is complete, you can sign the inspection report, finalize any outstanding paperwork and release the car or truck directly to us.
Do it Yourself (DIY) method:
- Before your vehicle’s return date, contact the Alliance Inspection Management Center (AIM) at 800.253.9026 or visit https://selfschedule.aiminspect.com to schedule a complimentary, but required, vehicle inspection. This inspection takes approximately 30 minutes and cane be done at your home, or your place of business. The inspector will review the report with you and address your questions. You will be given a copy of the condition report. A second copy will be left in your vehicle, and should remain in the vehicle until the time of return.Should your vehicle’s condition change prior to its return due to repairs or additional damage, another inspection will be necessary.
- Prior to your lease maturity date, call your Nissan Dealer for an appointment to return your vehicle.
- Complete a Federal Odometer/Lease Termination Statement at your Nissan dealership.
- Sign and date the Vehicle Condition Report, which will be completed by the Dealer. This report compares the current condition of your vehicle to that of the original inspection report to ensure that nothing has changed.
- Call the Nissan Lease Customer Network to report the return of the vehicle to an authorized Nissan Dealer.
I Like My Nissan and Want to Keep It
If you purchase your vehicle, you can avoid excess mileage, wear, and use charges. You will not be responsible for any costs other than the predetermined purchase option price and the incidental charges stated in your Nissan lease contract or required by law. These may include sales tax, vehicle registration, a purchase option fee, etc. Certain state and local laws may require you to pay a smog or safety inspection fee, etc.
I Would Like to Get a New Nissan
Turn in your current vehicle and lease or buy a new Nissan. Our Owner Loyalty Offers help make this an attractive option. Nissan Owner Loyalty Offers include waiving up to $500 of excess wear and use liabilities. Our lease specialists at Dick Hannah Nissan can help explain all that is covered.